ENERGY. HEIGHTENED MENTAL AWARENESS. WEIGHT LOSS. STAMINA. ETC…
Advertising, marketing and bright bold colors on the cans or bottles are made to lure you in to these amazingly awesome energy drinks! But beware, nothing is ever as it seems.
So I’m here today to explain to you what exactly is in these mainstream energy drinks and how to read ingredients and more so know what affect they have on your body.
Red Bull, Monster and Rockstar are some of the popular brands of energy drinks out there today. Lets take a look at some of the main similar ingredients in these:
RED BULL: 39g
ROCKSTAR: 30+ grams
ROCKSTAR ZERO: 0g BUT it;s made with erythritol which is a FAKE chemical sugar worse for you than regular sugars
As you can see there is tons of sugar for a small can of drink.30 plus grams is alot, you shouldnt even consume that much sugar per day let alone on one drink, that’s my opinion. Sugar from fruits are different so that doesn’t apply there. SUGAR is on of the root causes of disease and chronic illnesses. Disease, candida, inflammation they all FEED off of sugar. Sugar is how these bacteria, fungus and viruses live. When you starve the body of sugar, they cannot survive.
CAFFEINE: these drinks contain way over the limit the body can handle for caffeine. Every body is different but these high amounts make your cortisol levels spike then immediately crash hurting your adrenals glands, bringing them to exhaustion and then your body creates a dependence on that cortisol spike to survive creating a cycle of inflammation.
HERBS: They look great listed as an ingredient right? But you have no idea or source of how they are grown or harvested so most likely they are sprayed with tons of chemicals.
CHEMICAL ADDITIVES AND DYES: you have to realized that the USDA (they careless about your health) does not require certain ingredients to be listed when in smaller amounts, but all health drinks contain dyes, that’s what makes certain ones certain colors, These dyes are not made for consumption, they act as allergies to the body. Other chemicals are added for taste and other factors that harm you also.
Studies have shown that energy drinks do not enhance athletic performance, they do not enhance cognitive performance either. It’s really scary because mostly younger individuals are attracted to these drinks because they want to fit in and do what everyone else is doing, be accepted and follow along with the trend. But these drinks are harming kids as well as others who consume them.
DANGERS OF ENERGY DRINKS:
- CARDIAC ARREST
- HEADACHES AND MIGRAINES
- INCREASED ANXIETY
- TYPE 2 DIABETES
- DRUG INTERACTION
- RISKY BEHAVIOR
- JITTERS AND NERVOUSNESS
- ALLERGIC REACTIONS
- HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- NIACIN OVERDOSE
- STRESS HORMONE RELEASE ELEVATION
So if the reason why you are consuming these energy drinks is truly to have more energy, here are some safer and natural options:
- strengthen your adrenal gland and thyroid gland by eating a diet free of gluten, and sugars and possibly lower or stop gluten consumption. When you strengthen your overall body, it helps with your energy levels. I take and recommend these two supplements to support your adrenal and thyroid gland. Adrenal Health by Gaia and Thyroid Support by Gaia.
- Stay away from processed sugars or too much of any sugar. Sugar will always weaken and halt your immune system
- Eat real foods- consuming whole foods preferably organic will fill and feed your cells which is what provide energy to your body.
- take a good vitamin B supplement. Vitamin B’s are necessary for cell function and provide O2 and energy production to each cell of your body. A great vitamin B complex is this one and also a great vegan B12 by GHC.
- Drink more water, dehydration will zap you of energy
- Sleep better, sleep, so simple, but it does a body good.
- Stay away from simple carbs like sugars and eat more complex carbs like sweet potatoes, yams and bananas.
- Do a full body detox regularly- once a year is preferred, I recommend twice. The best detoxes that I have used and only will use are from Global Healing Center. I recommend the Body Cleanse Starter Kit to start.
Hope this gives you some great info and insight on the dangers of energy drinks.
There’s one brand that is local made in Hawaii that you may want to try. It’s called GREEN and made with pure organic ingredients! Check them out.